Raptor Katana, Shinogi Zukuri
The Raptor Katana Shinogi-Zukuri blade, which has evolved as the most common Japanese katana blade design, provides both speed and
cutting power. Featuring a distinct yokote, such blades were originally produced by the end of the Heian period, around 987 A.D.
Hanwei's Raptor series:
Designed under the auspices of cutting master James Williams, the Raptor series has been created for the cutting practitioner who
does not necessarily have access to mats but who wishes to practice and perfect his cutting technique.
The blades are forged in 5160 high carbon steel and specially heat-treated to produce very high resilience and greater tolerance of
misdirected cuts than a conventional differentially tempered blade. This steel structure also avoids the need for excessive thickness,
allowing the blades to replicate the weight and handling characteristics of Japanese originals. The edge geometry is configured to
facilitate the cutting of both soft and semi-hard materials without chipping, allowing the cutter a wide choice of targets.
Each katana in the series features a unique blade style, each with its origins in Japanese swordmaking history, providing the cutting
practitioner with choices in both aesthetics and handling characteristics.
Raptor series construction details:
- Blades: forged from 5160 high carbon steel, marquenched to an edge hardness of 57 HRC.
- Tangs (Nakago): full length, double-pegged.
- Ferrules (Habaki): brass
- Handles (Tsuka): wood core, genuine rayskin (Same), special non-stretch sueded wrap (Tsuka-ito) for firm grip and wear resistance.
Raptor feathers hilt ornaments (Menuki).
- Guards (Tsuba): traditional blackened iron, raptor motif.
- Fittings (Fuchi/Kashira): blackened steel, raptor motif.
- Scabbards (Saya): wood, non-fingerprinting textured lacquer finish.
Details of the Raptor Katana Shinogi-Zukuri:
- Designed by James Williams / Hanwei
- Historical blade style, forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Overall length: approx. 102.2 cm
- Blade length: approx. 71.1 cm
- Handle length: approx. 27.9 cm
- Weight: approx. 1162 g
- Manufacturer's product no.: SH2414
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of
your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.
Shipping weight: 2.00 kg
Our recommendations related to: "Raptor Katana, Shinogi Zukuri"
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18.448,39 EUR (16 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18.438,65 EUR (16 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18.243,69 EUR (16 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18.311,92 EUR (16 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)
|48,73 EUR (16 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs)|
|68,23 EUR (16 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs)|